On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 12:26:20 +0200
Arno Lehmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 6/4/2007 2:47 AM, Ken Gunderson wrote:
> > On Mon, 4 Jun 2007 00:38:00 +0200
> > Steen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[snip]
> What i'd like to achieve is to set up something which supports voting on
> feature request.
>
> A feature request has to be stored and presented in a formalized way,
> and each voter must be able to enter several weighted votes once per
> voting period.
>
> If noone finds a suitable solution with some readily available software
> I'll start thinking how to implement something myself in a few days.

Hello Arno:

What is the present site based on?  Straight html/css or is there some
CMS backend already in place?

There are lots of CMS solutions out there, many of wh/look attractive
on first blush but start showing assorted warts once you start using in
production.  Given this, Plone makes my short list.  It's not a quick
and dirty solution, however, as it involves setting up (and
maintaining) Zope application server, ZEO DB backend (not strictly
necessary but I recommend using for production sites), Plone, various
Plone "Products" (e.g. Polls), and http proxy front end, so if you're
looking for relatively "quick" fix then perhaps better off w/something
php based, particularly if you're also interested in implementing other
features like forum boards.

Some links (don't go too crazy exploring...):

-CMS Matrix

<http://www.cmsmatrix.org/matrix>

-Opensource CMS (good place to demo various offerings)

<http://www.opensourcecms.com/index.php>

A couple php based that would make my short list:

-e107

<http://e107.org/news.php>

-Joomla:

<http://www.joomla.org/>

Joomla gives you more eye candy but I prefer e107 (better security
track record - at least last I checked).

I've got project deadlines and going to be swamped the next day or
two.  Afterwards I'll still be pretty busy but should be able to
squeeze some time.

Ken Gunderson
GPG Key -- 9F5179FD

"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in
the room." - Sir Winston Churchill