Hi,

You failed to mention which version of Bacula you are running.

However this is a known bug with some of the earlier 2.x versions of
Bacula. I believe it was fixed in either 2.0.3 or 2.0.4.

Basically, the problem is *when* the verify job chooses the last
successful backup to verify. With the bugged versions, it makes this
choice at it's scheduled start time, which is before the running job has
successfully finished. It therefore picks the previous days backup to verify

The non-bugged (unbugged?) versions wait until the verify job actually
starts running before deciding which backup to run.

The fix: Either install the latest version of Bacula, or schedule your
verify to run after the backup has completed.

I got around it by having an Admin job scheduled to run that runs a
script that triggers the verify. Using priorities I ensure the admin job
doesn't run until after the backup has completed, so the the verify job
is able to select it properly. Hope this makes sense!

Here's a relevent snippet from my conf:

===============
bacula-dir.conf
===============

Job {
   Name               = "TriggerVer-fs1"
   Type               = Admin
   Client             = backup1-fd
   Priority           = 14
   Schedule           = "TriggerVerifyAfterBackup"
   JobDefs            = "DefaultJob"
   RunScript {
     RunsWhen = After
     RunsOnFailure = Yes
     RunsOnClient = no
     Command = "/etc/bacula/trigger_verify Verify-fs1"
   }

}

Schedule {
   Name = "TriggerVerifyAfterBackup"
   Run  = Sat-Fri at 23:15
}

==============
trigger_verify
==============

[EMAIL PROTECTED] bacula]# cat trigger_verify
#!/bin/bash
#
# Triggers a verify job.
# Run from a suitable scheduled Admin job, this script will trigger the
passed
# verify job.
#

JOB="$1"

/usr/sbin/bconsole -s -c /etc/bacula/bconsole.conf <<EOCMDS
gui off
@#
@# Launching job $JOB
@#