I would like to second this. Right now I have duplicates of everything
to first do a local backup and 7 hours later another backup of the same
data (but without the scripts and longer runtime) to an offsite storage
to mirror the data.

If this could be intergrated into one mirroring system (which would
either run in parallel or serially while storing data), it would simply
the configuration and it would remove the tweaking of schedules to make
sure each server has enough time to do its local and remote backup
(especially full backups are a PITA).

On a side note, when I look at the implementation below you have to slow
down the muxing SD to match the 10mbit fiber line thats used for the
offsite backup. Perhaps its possible to offer the option to replay the
backup from primary SD to the secondary... but that would mean the SD
keeps working after the backup blocking new jobs...
Or perhaps a mechanism to trigger the mirroring after the backups on the
primary SD are done? That way backups would procede normally and when
done, the data is spooled to the offsite or secondary storage.
(TBH I'm using hard disk storage so I don't know if this will fly with -
manual? - tape changers)

Regards,
Berend Dekens