> I have some tapes from both the Daily pool (for differential backups) and the
> Weekend pool (for full backups) in the autochanger. Some scheduled Daily jobs
> run and the tape in the drive is from the Daily pool. One job wants to run
> Full because it has not run before, so Bacula prompts me to load a tape from
> the Weekend pool. I had thought that, since Bacula knows that there are some
> tapes from that pool in the autchanger, it would automatically unmount the
> Daily tape and mount one of the Weekend tapes and proceed without my
> intervention. Have I been laboring under a misconception?
> --

In normal operation bacula will unload the volume from the Daily Pool
and load the volume from the Weekend Pool if an appendable tape from
the Weekend Pool exists and is in the changer. If there are no
appendable tapes it should unload the tape from the Daily Pool then
try to Purge  tapes from the weekly pool based on the retention policy
that you have configured. If it can purge a tape it will use it. If it
still can not find a tape it will prompt you.

John