In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> you wrote:

> 29.08.2007 17:41,, Richard White wrote::
> > Bacula 2.2.0 on SLES 10 into an Ecrix 1x10 autochanger.
> >
> > I have some tapes from both the Daily pool (for differential
> > backups) and the Weekend pool (for full backups) in the
> > autochanger. Some scheduled Daily jobs run and the tape in the
> > drive is from the Daily pool. One job wants to run Full because it
> > has not run before, so Bacula prompts me to load a tape from the
> > Weekend pool. I had thought that, since Bacula knows that there are
> > some tapes from that pool in the autchanger, it would automatically
> > unmount the Daily tape and mount one of the Weekend tapes and
> > proceed without my intervention. Have I been laboring under a
> > misconception?
>
> Not exactly, though, at a customer installation, I encounter a similar
> problem. Currently, for different reasons, I have not investigated
> further, but I think there might be a problem in Bacula...

I have such a setup working without problems - at least since version
1.38.5.

IIRC the trick was to explicitely state whic pool to use if case of an
automatic level change, i. e. something like this:

Schedule {
  Name="WeeklyCycle"
  Run=Full         FullPool=FULL                                            1st
sat     at 00:05
  Run=Differential FullPool=FULL DifferentialPool=DIFF
2nd-5th sat at 00:05
  Run=Incremental  FullPool=FULL DifferentialPool=DIFF IncrementalPool=INCR
sun-fri     at 00:05
}

(This assumes you use the pool names "FULL", "DIFF" and "INCR", resp.)

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PROGRAM - n.  A magic spell cast over a computer  allowing it to turn
one's input into error messages.
v. tr. - To engage in a pastime similar to banging one's head against
a wall, but with fewer opportunities for reward.