> We've got a Windoze 2003 server and i'm using the bacula file daemon to
> backup files from it. Since the system is actively used by a person, we rely
> on the cassette icon in the system tray to check when the backup is running
> (so as the person on the system doesn't do anything stupid when the cassette
> is green).
>
> Our problem is, that once the machine is rebooted, the cassette icon
> disappears, even though the daemon service is running in the background (as
> can be seen in the Services).
>
> Interestingly, if we re-start the service, the cassette icon reappears, but
> only untill we reset the machine.
>
> Does anyone know how to make the cassette icon to always appear in the system
> tray?

What version of bacula?

Hmm. I have been in my spare time working to remove the tray icon
completely from the filedaemon and replace it with a standalone tray
application. One reason for this is that it is problem with security
on vista. And also others have asked to remove the tray completely for
several reasons.

John