On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 13:56:40 -0400 "Dan Langille" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I think if you explained why you really need the tray icon it would
> help everyone better understand the situation.  What would you be
> unable to do?

The machine runs a special type of control software that manages a printing
press. In that same machine we store special files which deal with the
configuration of the press machine, along with whatever is there to be printed.

Thus the computer requires several people to be working on it, while i'm trying
to do backups (none of the systems are allowed to be on power after the press
is shut down, the electricity of the whole floor is shut down, thus backups are
done while we work).

As a result, its important for the people working on the system to look at the
cassette icon because some printing "jobs" may require the server to run at
full utilization and thus the backup shouldn't be running. So they just wait
for a few minutes before running any such job for the backup process to
complete (doesn't take too long, just a few minutes, but its important not to
run in parallel with any printing job).

If you need more details please let me know.

> When you say complete removed, are you referring to the functions now
> available through the tray icon?  I understand all existing
> functionality will be retained.  It will no longer be available
> through the tray icon, but through another interface.

Well, we don't use the "log" that can be accessed via right-clicking on the
icon, we only need to know when bacula-fd is running a backup or not (a time
estimate for completition of the job would have been even better, but thats
just cosmetic).