On 11 Sep 2007 at 20:50, Dimitrios wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 11:17:38 -0400 "John Drescher" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > What version of bacula?
>
> v2.2.3 i believe (windows installer, downloaded from sourceforge).
>

> > Hmm. I have been in my spare time working to remove the tray icon
> > completely from the filedaemon and replace it with a standalone tray
> > application. One reason for this is that it is problem with security
> > on vista. And also others have asked to remove the tray completely for
> > several reasons.
>
> uh oh, that would be a real problem for us, we really need the tray
> icon.

I think if you explained why you really need the tray icon it would
help everyone better understand the situation.  What would you be
unable to do?

> We wouldn't mind a stand along application, it doesn't make any
> difference for our purposes, but it would really be a problem if it was
> completely removed.

When you say complete removed, are you referring to the functions now
available through the tray icon?  I understand all existing
functionality will be retained.  It will no longer be available
through the tray icon, but through another interface.

--
Dan Langille - http://www.langille.org/
Available for hire: http://www.freebsddiary.org/dan_langille.php