On Dec 11, 2007 6:42 PM, Gary Danko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks to everyone for helping me get the changer recognized. The last
> changer I used with Bacula was a 15 slot AIT4 Sony unit. This ML6020 is a
> beast in comparison. I ran the btape test as described in the manual:
>
>  /usr/local/bacula/sbin/btape -c /usr/local/bacula/etc/bacula-sd.conf
> /dev/st0

You should change that to nst0 as you do not want the tape to rewind
after each job.

> All of the tests on /dev/st0 passed and then I get this:
>
> Ah, I see you have an autochanger configured.
> To test the autochanger you must have a blank tape
>  that I can write on in Slot 1.
>
> Do you wish to continue with the Autochanger test? (y/n): y
>
> So I go on to the changer test and I get this:
>
> === Autochanger test ===
>
> 3301 Issuing autochanger "loaded" command.
> Nothing loaded in the drive. OK.
> 3303 Issuing autochanger "load 1 0" command.
> 3993 Bad autochanger command: /usr/local/bacula/etc/mtx-changer /dev/sg4
> load 1 /dev/st0 0
> 3993 result="Loading media from Storage Element 1 into drive 0...Source
> Element Address 4096 is Empty
> ": ERR=Child exited with code 1
> You must correct this error or the Autochanger will not work.
>
> Now I loaded 20 tapes into this unit. There are 122 slots available for
> backups (there other 8 are the import/export slots)..  I know the slot
> location information on the Dell ML6020 uses an x,y,z schema to determine
> location. How do you identify the slot numbers on this changer using
> mtx/mtx-changer? Anyone here have experience with the ML60xx series of
> changers?

I would start with getting mtx to work with your changer.

mtx -f /dev/sg4 status

You should man mtx to see other commands. And eventually you may need
to tailor the mtx-changer script for your changer based on how  it
responds to the mtx commands.

John

John M. Drescher