I believe its a bug...It happened with me too while installaing Bacula 2.2.6 using tarball. Finally, i had to install bat rpm for my distribution (CentOS 5) seperately after downloading the same from sourceforge..

Regards
Rupen

Dan Langille wrote:
Erik P. Olsen wrote:
I have just installed bacula ver 2.2.8 on fedora 7 and have configured BAT using --enable-bat. I can find bat.conf in its proper place but I can't find any trace of the BAT program itself. It's not in the install directory and locate doesn't find it.

Did you refresh the locate database after your install?

The configure program exits with return code 0, so everything ought to be correct except BAT is not there.

Is this a bug or is there something I have overlooked that I should have done?

Have you tried find?