Hi,

11.02.2008 23:42, Bob Hetzel wrote:
> I'm trying to back up a drive on a windows server which also contains a
> web directory.  Client Bacula-fd and server daemons are all version 2.2.8.
>
> Bacula's server components are all running on OpenSuse 10.2
>
> Any help anybody can provide would be greatly appreciated.  To me this
> looks like a bacula bug as I was able to use windows MS backup to back
> up that directory to a local client .bkpf file fine (although I didn't
> use that program to try the entire file system).  The job stats on the
> 1st attempt were...
>    SD Files Written:       146,048
>    SD Bytes Written:       23,997,511,551 (23.99 GB)
>
> Then on the 2nd attempt they were...
>
>    SD Files Written:       146,054
>    SD Bytes Written:       24,053,535,735 (24.05 GB)
>
> As it's a heavily used web server with lots of people adding files the
> fact that these numbers changed didn't surprise me but I thought I'd
> include that here just in case it might help.  The backup was a full
> backup as I've not as of yet been able to back up this file system.
>
> Here's the end of the trace file which ended the same both times... if
> this isn't enough kindly let me know what part in the huge file would be
> helpful as the file is too large to put on this list at 150 MB.

> casemed: ../compat/compat.cpp:1172-0 readdir_r(ff8e20, { d_name="Chronic
> Myelogenous Leukemia Treatment - National Cancer Institute.url",
> d_reclen=70, d_off=102
> casemed: ../compat/compat.cpp:194-0 Enter wchar_win32_path
> casemed: ../compat/compat.cpp:378-0 Leave wchar_win32_path=\
> casemed: ../../filed/heartbeat.c:95-0 wait_intr=0 stop=0

Is this really the end of the trace file?

It looks a bit... funny because the expected job finishing stuff is
not there, and it also doesn't report a serious problem.

Can you verify that the FD still runs at this time, and see if it's
still got the network connections from the DIR and to the SD open?

If all this is the case, I can only recommend looking at what the SD
is doing at this time...

Hope this helps you forward,

Arno

--