[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
>  I thought I had this game sorted. But, I found a bonus level.  :)
>
>  We have decided to save restored files onto a storage device attached
> to the Director Machine rather than putting them straight onto the
> original client. My problem is that while I can restore files for the
> Director machine, a restore job for remote clients prints a success
> report but will not actually write the file!
>

>  I have defined the location to write the restored files in the restore
> job, as shown below:
> Where                    =
> "\\\\MACHINE01\\E\\backup\\restored-files\\REMOTE01\\"
>

> After running the restore job, I check the result with 'Status' and it
> summarises the job as complete:
> -----------
>
> Jodid               Files         Bytes      Status      Finished
>                   Name
>    181                4        365.7 M      OK       14-Feb-08 12:21
>     REMOTE01-Restore
>

>  However, the folder is still empty! :(

Are you looking on the correct client?

Compare the Job output that was emailed to you.  Or the job output in the
log file in the Director's working directory.  Perhaps the file is on
another Client or on the Director....

Perhaps it is in a different directory, say /tmp/bacula-restores instead.
You'll have to look at the job to know.

--
Dan Langille - http://www.langille.org/
BSDCan - The Technical BSD Conference: http://www.bsdcan.org/