> >> I don't think it is possible, except by editing the code.  I find it
> >> annoying
> >> too, especially for jobids, because it prevents easy copy/paste to other
> >> bconsole commands and searching in logs.
> >
> > I'd want to see it fixed in jobids, but not other places. It makes
> > totals actually MORE readable (though I realize internationally, that
> > might be subjective).
>
> This may well depend a lot on the individual. Certainly the JobId field
> needs to be displayed without commas in all situations; it is too hard to
> cut and past and too easy to make a mistake otherwise. For other fields,
> such as JobBytes, I find something like "52,610,802,628" harder to read,
> and would prefer it without commas. But I would really prefer that to be
> "52.610 GB" or (better) "48.997 GiB".

Yes, that's another possibility, though access to the complete number without
commas would be useful too (e.g. for pasting into your favourite calculator
application).

> > I suspect it is a very easy change to make though, if one would want to.
> > I'm not sure how the tables are generated in bconsole.
>
> It looks like a dump of what is returned from the database server,
> without any interpretation by bconsole.

No, they are added by the function add_commas I think (plus other inline code
that knows about the extra space required to make the columns wide enough).

__Martin