>> > I'd want to see it fixed in jobids, but not other places. It makes
>> > totals actually MORE readable (though I realize internationally, that
>> > might be subjective).
>>
>> This may well depend a lot on the individual. Certainly the JobId field
>> needs to be displayed without commas in all situations; it is too hard to
>> cut and past and too easy to make a mistake otherwise. For other fields,
>> such as JobBytes, I find something like "52,610,802,628" harder to read,
>> and would prefer it without commas. But I would really prefer that to be
>> "52.610 GB" or (better) "48.997 GiB".
>
> Yes, that's another possibility, though access to the complete number
> without
> commas would be useful too (e.g. for pasting into your favourite
> calculator
> application).
>

>> > I suspect it is a very easy change to make though, if one would want
>> > to.
>> > I'm not sure how the tables are generated in bconsole.
>>
>> It looks like a dump of what is returned from the database server,
>> without any interpretation by bconsole.
>
> No, they are added by the function add_commas I think (plus other inline
> code
> that knows about the extra space required to make the columns wide
> enough).

If there really is some function formatting the output of database queries,
I would prefer changing time values to "human-readable" before starting
playing with the commas (though personally I don't like the commas either,
and I'm surprised they exist in Europe-born software). What I mean with
human-readable, is eg. volume retention periods etc. stuff that may vary
from minutes to years but are always shown in seconds with up to 8-9 digits
instead of more familiar not-base-10 units like hours and days.

--
TiN