OK, so what would you all like "me" to do? Yes there are standards for
things like /usr/local/... but that would I think introduce some path
problems? Personally I think the official rpms should be FHS compliant
for reasons that David Boyes articulated. He is quite correct about
large enterprise IT departments. I could have you buy me beers for an
entire evening and regale you with stupid IT stories from US Airways.
Rigidity doesn't even come close to describing it. Anyone who wishes to
do differently can either modify my spec file or build from source.
Thoughts?