On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 9:05 AM, Heitor Faria <hei...@bacula.com.br> wrote:

> Initially I set the Volume Retention to 14 days, but I reduced it to 12
>> days, just to be safe that the tape will definitely get recycled. Thing is,
>> sometimes there are issues that cause the backup not running on time.
>> Backup jobs got pending, and they ran at a later date. Sometimes the jobs
>> got pending for a bit too long and this causes the number of days between
>> the last written date and the incoming backup date to be less than 12 days.
>> When this happens, the incoming backup job will not be able to run because
>> the volume status is 'Used', and it is waiting for me to create a new label.
>>

> Just redeuce the volume retention in one day? E. g.: 11 days?

Btw: if you reduce the Volume Retention on a pool, i'm pretty sure you
gotta update your álready created volumes with the update command.

Heitor Medrado de Faria | Need Bacula training? 10% discount coupon code at
Udemy: bacula-users
<https://www.udemy.com/bacula-backup-software/?couponCode=bacula-users>
+55 61 2021-8260
+55 61 8268-4220