>From bacula documentation:

   - Purge the oldest Volume if PurgeOldestVolume=yes (the Volume with the
   oldest LastWritten date and VolStatus equal to Full, Recycle, Purged, Used,
   or Append is chosen). We strongly recommend against the use of *
   PurgeOldestVolume* as it can quite easily lead to loss of current backup
   data.

I have only one volume for each tape. Does that mean if the status of the
volume is 'Append', it will still purge the volume instead of appending it?

So, the directive "Volume Use Duration" that I'm using now will just change
the status from "Append" to "Used" after 2 days, but it will still honor
the retention period, am I right?

Thanks.