I'm not really familiar with EMC's NFS, NFSv4 and automounter, but here's a
shot in the dark - what do your export and mount options look like? In
particular, look into nohide or crossmnt export options. Also, have a look
at this:
https://utcc.utoronto.ca/~cks/space/blog/unix/MultiFilesystemNFSIssue. Just
guesses, may not have any bearing on your issue.

-Jonathan Hankins

On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 7:34 AM Andreas Koch <
k...@esa.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> we have observed strange behavior in our recent backups. We have a number
> of
> filesystems, and explicitly list those to be backed up in the fileset
>
> One of these file systems is
>
>         /home/stud
>
> which has subdirectories for each user. Backing these up has worked
> perfectly
> for the last decade by just including the file system in the FileSet
>
> FileSet {
>   Name = "fs_gundabad"
>   Include {
>     Options {
>       signature = SHA1;
>       verify=pins1;
>       accurate=pins1;
>       xattrsupport = yes;
>     }
>         File = /home/stud
> }
>
> However, a recent differential backup shows warnings for _all_ of user
> subdirectories of the form:
>
> 13-Oct 03:25 gundabad-fd JobId 2161:      /home/stud/aqsprak01 is a
> different
> filesystem. Will not descend from /home/stud into it.
> 13-Oct 03:25 gundabad-fd JobId 2161:      /home/stud/aqsprak02 is a
> different
> filesystem. Will not descend from /home/stud into it.
>
> Even stranger, the backup _does_ appear to contain files from these
> directories (or more accurately, shows them in the catalog):
>
> * list files jobid=2161
> /home/stud/aqsprak01/Templates/test01/projSRC_Master/3cuS_1_l.dat
>
> Has anyone observed something like this elsewhere? As I wrote above, we use
> Bacula 7.4.4, on Scientific Linux 7.2 backing-up NFS v4.0 filesystems
> mounted
> via automounter from an EMC VNX 5200.
>
> Best,
>   Andreas

This e-mail is intended only for the recipient and may contain confidential
or proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient, the
review, distribution, duplication or retention of this message and its
attachments is prohibited. Please notify the sender of this error
immediately by reply e-mail, and permanently delete this message and its
attachments in any form in which they may have been preserved.