On 10/14/2016 05:31 PM, Hankins, Jonathan wrote:
> I'm not really familiar with EMC's NFS, NFSv4 and automounter, but here's
> a shot in the dark - what do your export and mount options look like? In
> particular, look into nohide or crossmnt export options. Also, have a
> look at this:
> https://utcc.utoronto.ca/~cks/space/blog/unix/MultiFilesystemNFSIssue.
> Just guesses, may not have any bearing on your issue.

Hello Jonathan,

we had just been using something pretty standard:

        stud   -rsize=32768,wsize=32768,vers=4       moria-0:/stud

The export setup is also really simple: the exported file systems themselves
have no other filesystems mounted inside, so crossmnt and nohide are not
applicable to our use-case.

At the moment, I suspect misbehavior on the part of the automounter. I have
just hardmounted the file systems (which does not hurt us on that specific
server) and will see how the next Differential on Sunday morning fares.

Best,
  Andreas

> -Jonathan Hankins
>
> On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 7:34 AM Andreas Koch
> <k...@esa.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
> <mailto:k...@esa.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>> wrote:
>
> Hello all,
>
> we have observed strange behavior in our recent backups. We have a number
> of filesystems, and explicitly list those to be backed up in the fileset
>
> One of these file systems is
>
> /home/stud
>
> which has subdirectories for each user. Backing these up has worked
> perfectly for the last decade by just including the file system in the
> FileSet
>
> FileSet { Name = "fs_gundabad" Include { Options { signature = SHA1;
> verify=pins1; accurate=pins1; xattrsupport = yes; } ... File =
> /home/stud ... }
>
> However, a recent differential backup shows warnings for _all_ of user
> subdirectories of the form:
>
> 13-Oct 03:25 gundabad-fd JobId 2161:      /home/stud/aqsprak01 is a
> different filesystem. Will not descend from /home/stud into it. 13-Oct
> 03:25 gundabad-fd JobId 2161:      /home/stud/aqsprak02 is a different
> filesystem. Will not descend from /home/stud into it. ...
>
> Even stranger, the backup _does_ appear to contain files from these
> directories (or more accurately, shows them in the catalog):
>
> * list files jobid=2161 ...
> /home/stud/aqsprak01/Templates/test01/projSRC_Master/3cuS_1_l.dat ...
>
> Has anyone observed something like this elsewhere? As I wrote above, we
> use Bacula 7.4.4, on Scientific Linux 7.2 backing-up NFS v4.0 filesystems
> mounted via automounter from an EMC VNX 5200.
>
> Best, Andreas

> This e-mail is intended only for the recipient and may contain
> confidential or  proprietary information. If you are not the intended
> recipient, the review,  distribution, duplication or retention of this
> message and its attachments is  prohibited. Please notify the sender of
> this error immediately by reply  e-mail, and permanently delete this
> message and its attachments in any form in  which they may have been
> preserved.

- --

- --
******* !!! Geänderte Rufnummern / Phone numbers have changed !!! ******
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Andreas Koch                  k...@esa.cs.tu-darmstadt.de
Technische Universitaet Darmstadt, FB20       Phone  : x49-6151-16-22420
Embedded Systems and Applications Group (ESA) FAX    : x49-6151-16-22422
Hochschulstr. 10, D-64289 Darmstadt, Germany       * PGP key available *