Hi Markus,

On Monday, November 12, 2018 6:34:52 PM EST Markus Falb wrote:
> P.S. the Qualstar Q24 looks pretty identical to the NEOs T24
> https://www.qualstar.com/qsr-q24.php
> Does anyone know what the differences are?

We are considering buying Q24 autochanger from Qualstar, the one that looks
identical to the model you found. I was on the phone with Qualstar
representative couple weeks ago. They claim their model is fully compatible
with Linux/mtx, so it should be possible to operate under Bacula control. Of
course, there might be specific firmware quirks or bugs, I guess no way to
know until you try installing it. Yes, Q24 and T24 specs look pretty much
identical. I assume they are both manufactured at the same factory in China,
just like everything else these days.

We've been using Qualstar autochangers (various models) for the last 20 years
with no issues. Each model was very reliable, built as a tank and required no
maintenance. We've been using Bacula with Qualstar libraries since 2003. No
compatibility problems whatsoever. Our current system is TLS-8466 which uses
IBM half-height LTO-5 SAS drives and SCSI controller card. Has been in use for
the last 6 years and runs very smoothly, no issues. No longer manufactured and
cannot be upgraded unfortunately.

Note, I am not associated with Qualstar in any way, just happen to be a happy
customer. Not sure if their current offerings are of the same build quality.

Please, share your experience with T24/Q24 if you will be able to try them
out. We are too very interested in confirming Bacula compatibility.

Thanks,
Ivan

--
Ivan Adzhubey, Ph.D.