On 11/20/2018 04:56 PM, George Anchev via Bacula-users wrote:

> On the link I read wal_keep_segments "Specifies the
> *minimum* number of past log file segments kept in the
> pg_wal directory". Isn't there a setting which
> controls the *maximum* number/volume/retention of those
> files? (like in a log rotation)

Not that I know of. They keep transactions, so they're not necessarily
correspond to database size. Normally they get auto-recycled unless
either a) archiving is on, but archive command keeps failing, or b)
replication is on but the stand-by(s) keep failing to fetch them.

Check that wal archive_mode is off in postgresql.conf and also all
replication-related stuff.

Try `psql -U postgres -d postgres -c checkpoint` and see if the files
start disappearing after that.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin