On 4/19/2019 4:46 AM, Radosław Korzeniewski wrote:
Hello,

    <mailto:marcioba...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    >> 5. Currently the OS and Backup disks are on the same DRBD
    volume, so
    >> would it be better to put the OS disk out of the DRBD volume?
    (the VM
    >> has frequently crashing what makes me think that excessive
    writing on
    >> the disk may be impacting the OS)
    > I would put everything out of drbd volume because quite frankly
    I don't
    > see the point. I don't think you can fail over in a middle of a
    backup,
    > and without that, why not just put OS on NFS? -- or ZFS and send
    > incremental snapshot as part of your manual failover. Using drbd for
    > backup storage is just a waste of disk.

    Running jobs will fail,

Assuming jobs fail because we failover the Bacula Director service, right?

Yes, but also if we failover the Storage Daemon.

    but the automated "Reschedule On Error" feature
    allows restarting them after the fail-over.

Well, no. Rescheduling is based on actual job thread running on Bacula Director. Any Director restart will stop this feature for a particular jobid!

Hmm. Then what is the status of a running job that is interrupted by a Director restart? It is a running job when the Dir is stopped, and is an error job once restarted. How does that happen? If the job status is updated during Director startup, then why doesn't the reschedule occur?

best regards
--
Radosław Korzeniewski
rados...@korzeniewski.net <mailto:rados...@korzeniewski.net>