On 9/19/19 4:18 PM, Andrea Venturoli wrote:
On 2019-09-19 15:33, Kern Sibbald wrote:
Hello,

Hello.

I concur with David.  When these jobs are scheduled, Bacula will attempt to acauire the needed Storage resources.  When the resources are busy the job waits, and after a certain time, Bacula will inform you that the resources are not available.

Fine.
However, I believe the subject is misleading then: no "intervention" is actually needed.
The load is high, but the problem will go away by itself.

Well it is possible it is a over commit causing a "deadlock". Bacula is not smart enough to figure out what is not right.  If you get your use of SD resources set correctly you should not get the messages.

Is there a switch to turn these messages off?

There is no simple switch to turn the messages off, but perhaps you could filter them ether in the Message resource or by where you send them.

Kern

If you are using disk, increasing the maximum simultaneous jobs in the Device resource and restarting the SD will generally solve the problem,

Ok, I had increased maximum jobs, but didn't restart the SD.
I'll try again.

 bye & Thanks
    av.