They requested a backup (datapump) of 1.5 TB but from Dec 15, 2021. The Job
for fileretention had already expired.

The volume was as FULL and with 25 TB of data.

1) I tried first with bextrack and it's too slow. 6 hours without any file.

2) try using bconsole restore Regexp. I end up with status OK after 10
hours, but with 0 files recovered.

3) Well, I filled myself with patience and went to search "bscan". Which
lasted 40 hours to complete the recreation of the catalog. And I managed to
restore the requested 1.5 TB file in just 4 hours.

After this desperate experience but with the expected results. The
following questions arise.

1) Is there a way to make the bscan run faster? I had always worked with
lto6. But lto7 is already different, it's 25TB of data with a FULL tape, I
assume that the search time increases.

2) Is there any other way to create the Files in the catalog but only
indicating the Jobid?

Just imagine a BSCAN in lto8 or 9

3) What can be the best path for these scenarios?

Due to this experience we increased the times in fileretention and
jobretention in the most critical servers.