Good morning,

I have question for whom I have not find a possible answer in the net or
my kindle Books of Bacula...

I wanted to have two different pools with different retention periods
for full copied jobs. In that pools I would like to do one of the
following options :

- To copy a full job from source full pool in a concrete moment of the
year to full_archive_pool1

- To copy a full job from source full pool in a concrete moment of the
month to full_archive_pool2

- To copy a full job from source full pool in a concrete moment of the
year to full_archive_pool1 AND to copy a full job from source full pool
in a concrete moment of the month to full_archive_pool2

- Nothing

I mean I would like that certain machines could have some "extra" full
backups archived in that pools. Can be a monthly archived backup, an
annual or both...

My question is... if I define a schedule like for instance :

Schedule {
  Name = ARCHIVAL_ANUAL_JANUARY_MONDAY_0000
  Run = Copy 1st mon on january at 00:00
}

Schedule {
  Name = ARCHIVAL_MENSUAL_MONDAY_0000
  Run = Copy 1st mon at 00:00
}

And jobs for the machine as :

### ANNUAL COPY JOB
Job {
  Name =
"server_short_name.clientes.ramattack.net-fd_copia_archivado_anual"
  JobDefs = "server_short_name.clientes.ramattack.net-fd_defs"
  Type = Copy
  Level = Full
  Schedule = "ARCHIVADO_ANNUAL_JANUARY_MONDAY_0000"
  Pool = "pool_archivado_annual"
  Storage = "File-device"
  Selection Type = SQL Query
  Selection Pattern = \"SELECT J\.JobId FROM Job J\, Pool P WHERE
P\.Name \= \'source_pool_full\' AND J\.name like
\'\%server_short_name\%\' AND P\.PoolId = J\.PoolId AND J\.level=\'F\'
AND J\.Type = \'B\' AND J\.JobStatus IN \(\'T\'\,\'W\'\) AND J\.jobBytes
\> 0 AND J\.StartTime \> \(current_timestamp - interval \'20 day\'\)
ORDER BY J\.realendtime DESC LIMIT 1\"
}

### MONTHLY COPY JOB
Job {
  Name =
"server_short_name.clientes.ramattack.net-fd_copia_archivado_mensual"
  JobDefs = "server_short_name.clientes.ramattack.net-fd_defs"
  Type = Copy
  Level = Full
  Schedule = "ARCHIVADO_MONTHLY_MONDAY_0000"
  Pool = "pool_archivado_monthly"
  Storage = "File-device"
  Selection Type = SQL Query
  Selection Pattern = \"SELECT J\.JobId FROM Job J\, Pool P WHERE
P\.Name \= \'source_pool_full\' AND J\.name like
\'\%server_short_name\%\' AND P\.PoolId = J\.PoolId AND J\.level=\'F\'
AND J\.Type = \'B\' AND J\.JobStatus IN \(\'T\'\,\'W\'\) AND J\.jobBytes
\> 0 AND J\.StartTime \> \(current_timestamp - interval \'20 day\'\)
ORDER BY J\.realendtime DESC LIMIT 1\"
}

I ask it, because they are two copy jobs in the same machine to be
backed up configuration. If in the schedule I set "Run = Copy......" how
does Bacula know, to which pool should copy the full in the source full
pool?. Perhaps it just works with this config?. I have seen too... that
there's an option of specifying pool in the own schedule... for instance
:

Run = Level = Full Pool ="pool_archivado_monthly"....

This way... I assume I would not need two copy jobs... but as I'm naming
pools using as seed of the pool name, the catalog name where they would
be used, I would prefer to work the first way I configured within the
Job definition and without specifying pool in the schedule. So is this
last possible?. How should it be done?.

Thanks a lot mates, as always... very thankful for all your advises :)

Cheers!