Hello Antonino,

Please note that Job, File and Volume retention values are related to
"Catalog stuff". They are the retention of the Jobs and File records in the
Catalog.
Bacula doesn't touch the data in the volumes unless the volume gets reused
or truncated.
When you prune jobs, files or volumes, you are "deleting the jobs/files
records from the Catalog database".

If you prune a volume, it means you delete the jobs and files records
associated with this volume from the Catalog.

Thus, "CATALOGRETENTION" is not used in Bacula.

Hope this helps!

Best,
Ana