On 12/13/23 08:58, Borut Rozman wrote:
Hi,
I inherited a bacula backup solution, and now I got a request to
restore a file or set of files from backups. I only know a folder name,
and nothing else. Is there a way inside bconsole to search for a
specific string.

Query/option 20 does not give me any results.

Using bacula 11 with pgsql 14, any help appreciated.
B.

If you know what Job/Fileset/Client is used to backup that folder you can just
do:

* restore

- Choose option `5: Select the most recent backup for a client`

- Then select that client from the list presented. If there is only one, it
will be auto-selected for you.

- Then select the Fileset from the list presented. If there is only one, it
will be auto-selected for you.

- Next, drill down in to the virtual directory tree presented and mark the
directory to be restored.

That is the most simple way to go about this. You just need to know a couple
basic pieces of information up f
ront.

If you cannot follow that path for some reason, we can come up with a SQL query
to find jobids of jobs that backed up this
file. Then you would just be able to do `restore jobid=xxxx`, and drill down to
the directory to be restored.

--
Bill Arlofski
w...@protonmail.com