Hi,

I am working off the attached set of instructions for installing Bacula.
This was obtained from this :
https://www.bacula.org/packages/xxxxxxxxxxxxx/debs/13.0.3/dists/jammy/main/b
inary-amd64/INSTALL where xxxxxxxxxxxxx was the code sent to me.

According to this document I should be able to install Bacula Administration
Tool (BAT) by entering: apt-get install bacula-bat. This doesn't work.

This is for a server being used for development. It is running Ubuntu
22.04.3 LTS on a Dell Optiplex 990 with MySQL, Apache and PHP. Gnome is
installed.

The Bacula director version is: Version 13.0.3 (02 May 2023)
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-bacula-eneterprise unbuntu 22.04

although I thought I was running the free community version. The catalog
database server is MySQL.

Ubuntu and Bacula are up to date.

The entry for Bacula in the apt source list is: deb
https://www.bacula.org/packages/XXXXX/debs/13.0.3 jammy main. This is taken
from the document.

I had installed Bacularis, but it has been removed. The reason I removed it
is that I didn't want to give Apache/PHP access to the backup directory.

Is BAT still available with the community version and, if so, how do I get
it installed? I can provide more configuration details if necessary.

I'd appreciate any help you can provide.

Regards

Howard Viccars

Computer Manager
Family History ACT
email:  <mailto:computer...@familyhistoryact.org.au>
computer...@familyhistoryact.org.au
url: familyhistoryact.org.au

     Bacula Community Debian/Ubuntu binary installation

In general, you should get the binary packages from your
download area on www.bacula.org.  You can either download
what you need or setup a repository pointing to the download
area that will allow you to use your installer program
such as apt to ensure that all the dependencies a met.

Installing using apt:
---------------------

In order to use the Bacula Systems apt repository, you need to install
the HTTPS backend for APT.

  apt-get install apt-transport-https

Then, you need to download and install the gpg signature that validates packages

  wget
https://bacula.org/downloads/Bacula-4096-Distribution-Verification-key.asc
  apt-key add Bacula-4096-Distribution-Verification-key.asc

Add to your /etc/apt/sources.list file the following entries:

  # Bacula
  deb https://www.bacula.org/packages/XXXXX/debs/13.0.3 distro main

Where distro is a platform like
 focal, buster, bionic, bullseye, jammy, ...

ex:

  # Bacula
  deb https://www.bacula.org/packages/XXXXX/debs/13.0.3 jammy main

If you have any warning on Ubuntu Precise about i386 entries missing, you
can ignore them or use the following configuration in the sources.list file:

  deb [arch=amd64] https://www.bacula.org/packages/XXXXX/debs/13.0.3 precise
main

Also please ensure that you adapt the Bacula version and the architecture
(platform) to correspond to your system.

  debian 11    |  bullseye
  debian 10    |  buster
  debian 9     |  stretch
  ubuntu 22.04 |  jammy
  ubuntu 20.04 |  focal
  ubuntu 18.04 |  bionic
  ubuntu 16.04 |  xenial

Once done, you can update the repository list with the following command.

  apt-get update

If you have not previously install the database server, do
so with:

  apt-get install dbconfig-common postgresql

Then install the Bacula with PostgreSQL driver with:

  apt-get install bacula-postgresql

Or if you want to use the MySQL catalog:

  apt-get install dbconfig-common mysql-server
  apt-get install bacula-mysql

If you want to install Bat, you will also want to do:

apt-get install bacula-bat

Installing by hand:
-------------------
Assuming you will download the binaries to your machine,
first, transfer the binary packages you need to your
Debian or Ubuntu machine. For example:

bacula-client_13.0.3-1_amd64.deb
bacula-common_13.0.3-1_amd64.deb
bacula-console-qt_13.0.3-1_amd64.deb
bacula-console_13.0.3-1_amd64.deb
and either
bacula-mysql_13.0.3-1_amd64.deb
or
bacula-postgresql_13.0.3-1_amd64.deb

In addition, if you have any plugins, please download
the debs for them.

To install generally if you have not previously installed
a Bacula Community binary, you will want to save your old
configuration files somewhere and then remove the old packages
with:

dpkg -r <old-package-name> ...

If you have previously used a Bacula Community binary, you
do not need to remove the packages, you can simply install or
upgrade the new ones with:

dpkg -i bacula-client_13.0.3-1_amd64.deb \
  bacula-common_13.0.3-1_amd64.deb       \
  bacula-console_13.0.3-1_amd64.deb      \
  bacula-postgresql_13.0.3-1_amd64.deb

That is you can put them all on one line or multiple lines if terminated
with \ (and no space after the \).

If some dependencies are missing, you can install them automatically using:

  apt-get -f install