On 2/2/24 09:35, Phil Stracchino wrote:

BAT still does everything I want a Bacula console to do.  The things
that it does NOT do, like configuration, I don't WANT it to; I want to
do those myself, by hand, using a proper editor.

Hi Phil!

You sound like one of the customers of mine I mentioned. :)

To be truthful, I detest the "Everything is a web page/application"
model.

I never liked this either.

I will note that there are a few known bugs in BAT, notably that some
purge operations can produce *multiple* simultaneous pop-up confirmation
alerts that can be confusing.

My experience with BAT over the many years I have been using Bacula has been... let's just say "poor", with BAT randomly just hanging for no apparent reason, requiring me to kill and restart it so often I just gave up.

Of course this is my experience, on several platforms, over several versions in
several of my customers' environments.

I do everything from the command l
ine and avoid Web GUIs at all costs - which does not say anything about the quality nor capabilities of them, just more about my abhorrence to Web GUIs in general. :)

Best regards,
Bill

--
Bill Arlofski