On 2/2/24 10:53, Heitor Faria wrote:
Frankly, I never understood this community's urge to regularly create "one more Bacula GUI", instead of just fixing and improve the state-of-art. IMHO bacula.org <http://bacula.org> should adopt and sponsor BAT and Bacularis/Baculum GUIs development, get people together, integrate bacula-web features and organize this mess.

Rgds.

I frankly agree with Heitor here. BAT Just Works, isn't subject to browser compatibility issues, and doesn't suffer any of the broken interface behaviors that come as part and parcel of web applications. It does have a few minor bugs that should be fixed, but even those it has do not stop it from working.

This isn't to say that a web interface for Bacula *monitoring* is necessarily a bad idea.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications