Richard,

At 06:44 PM 12/9/2004, you wrote:
>>My response is:  Gosh!  I don't know Mark.  Perhaps because the information
>>that an operator has regarding the results, or perceived results, of his
>>experiment or research activity can be of value if one wishes to evaluate, at
>>a later date and in the cold light of reason. the effect of the activity in
>>question.<<

I suppose I am just relating this subject to my own perspectives and interests.
However, if Ruhi is as popular as some people claim, and I was repulsed by it,
then I am obviously not the target audience.

If I would have pulled out my Pocket PC to look up a word in its dictionary,
and the tutor would have said, or recommended, that I not do so, my first
assumption would have been that the person was joking. After I ascertained that
she or he was being serious, I would have politely excused myself and walked
out.

>>I would like to see the results of scientifically controlled interviews of
>>these tutors.<<

To me, the whole thing is just plain ridiculous. It is not worth the time of a
social scientist.

Mark A. Foster * http://markfoster.net
"Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburger"
-- Abbie Hoffman