Ron, Ron, Ron. What are we going to do with you? Can you not see how you
employ some of those same 'hard core verbal techniques of persuasion' you
imply others use? But I'll get back to that.

"The same Iqan also, in numerous places, resorts to *logic* and "common
sense* and *science* as prerequisites for recognizing a true Prophet.
This is important."

There are times when I see Him disgarding certain explanations as contrary
to logic but I don't recall him listing logic, common sense, or science as
prerequisites for recognition. Could you show me the passage you are
referring to?

"In  other words, if
one preprograms one's mind to be accepting, suspend all doubts, one
will embrace just about anything."

I don't think that is what Brent is saying, but I'll let him answer that.

"If one is not worried about logic, common sense and science, then why
in the world would one object to the common understandings of Christ
ascending in the clouds, coming again in the clouds, and being
physically resurrected, as in traditional Christianity?"

The major objection to Jesus' coming in the clouds and the physical
ressurection is not their miraculous nature, but that both things lead us to
conclude that Christ will return in the same physical person of Jesus.
Remember that the major 'logical' objection Baha'u'llah makes to 'coming on
the clouds, is not it physical impossibility so much as the fact that no one
would be able to accept or reject Him.

"We cannot preach hellfire and damnation for those who do
not recognize Baha'u'llah."

Did someone do that?

"Speaking of which, Susan, you commented on the fact that I probably
misunderstood the ideas of Moojan Momen (and Terry Culhane?) on a
constellation of Faiths with the Baha'i Faith at the center,"

That isn't the way you described their position the first time, Ron.

 "And where is Terry
Culhane, is he OK?"

As you may know, Terry has a seriously brain-damaged daughter who now takes
up much of his time. And unfortunately he lost the law suit against the
doctors responsible for that brain damage and is therefore saddled with
considerable expenses related to her care. He still tends the garden
regularly at the Omaha Baha'i Community Life and Worship Center.

 "Is it OK to read his book, or is that anathema now?"

My, my. You have a whole list of 'have you stopped beating your wife'
questions, don't you?

"It is very unfortunately that the Faith has seen so much divisiveness
in its infancy."

I don't know about the Faith, but I find it unfortunate you are using so
much divisive rhetoric.

"Yes, I know some will respond with passages of Writings that threaten
doom if the world doesn't choose Baha'u'llah; and with words to the
effect that God can do anything He wants and what seems impossible to
men is possible to God."

Another one of your 'hard core verbal techniques'? Project on us  ahead of
time what we are going to say?

 "I respond in advance by saying Those passages
are aimed squarely at You: God expects those who have accepted the
Baha'i Faith to behave maturely, to not alienate others, to act with
fairness and moderation, and to affirm the amity of religions and the
unity of religious and scientific mind sets in this dawn of the
maturity of the human race. To those who insist on a Superstitious
trumping of science by the Baha'i Faith, who insist on a Triumphal
Baha'i Faith instead of a humble one, who insist on a cult of
personalities and institutions, instead of a religion of God: God will
hold you accountable!"

Are you threatening us with doom? Good hell-fire preaching, Ron! But isn't
it time you stop projecting on us the things you yourself are doing?

warmest, Susan