Rich Ater <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Susan Maneck wrote:

>"I guess from a Baha'i perspective we wouldn't see this as splinter
>Baha'i groups, because from our point of view they stopped being Baha'is
>at the moment they broke off from any point of the administrative order."
>
>Dear Rich,
>
>I'm not sure that is true. In recent years the Universal House of Justice
>has chosen to remove some people from the rolls rather than declare them
>Covenant breakers. The rationale was that they had determined they weren't
>really Baha'is and thus bound by the Covennat.
>
>warmest, Susan

Susan,
But nontheless, they are no longer considered Baha'is, right?
Rich

The answer is "yes" and "no". They are not considered Baha`i's by the administrative order. In that sense the administrative order does not define them as Baha`i's. This is to their advantage, since if they were considered and defined as "covenant breakers", this might cause hardship to friends and family who would then have to consider them covenant-breakers.

As to what they consider themselves, the administrative order has "naught to say". They can call themselves Baha`i all they wish, I say "okay" but they are not Baha`i's in good standing or any standing at all. See they define themselves one way - to do so they have a perfect right. I consider them another way, and I have a perfect right.

Regards,

Scott

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments thereto ("e-mail") is sent by the Johnson County Community College ("JCCC") and is intended to be confidential and for the use of only the individual or entity named above. The information may be protected by federal and state privacy and disclosures acts or other legal rules. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are notified that retention, dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error please immediately notify JCCC by email reply and immediately and permanently delete this e-mail message and any attachments thereto. Thank you.