> Muslims have the Quran (which was spoken by Muhammad) and have volumes of hadith (which are an extensive detailed record of what Muhammad said and did on
different occasions). So Muslims have more extensive, more direct
information about what Muhammad said and did and taught than
Christians have about what Jesus said, and did, and taught.

And so Muslims can be more confident that Islam represents Muhammad's
teachings than Christians can be that "Christianity" represents Jesus'
teachings.<

Before I respond, let me be clear that I would like Baha'is on this list to speak up if the content of my emails have traces of contention and argumentation.  Since this is categorically forbidden by Baha'u'llah, it would not be right to argue FOR Baha'u'llah in a manner that is really against the spirit of Baha'u'llah.

Now, to our friend Gilberto's comment above, from whom I'm learning a lot:

Do you know that Baha'u'llah revealed 16,000 Tablets and Books over the course of His ministry?  So, the Book of God in this dispensation is from 16,000 - 48,000 pages long, if on average each Tablet is 1-3 pages long.  A more frequently encountered statement is that the Revelation of Baha'u'llah is more than 100 volumes, each volume at about 400-1000 pages, or about 40,000-100,000 pages in total.  And this excludes the interpreters Abdu'l-Baha and Shoghi Effendi, who were so designated by the Pen itself.

So if extensiveness of the Qur'an is a criteria, then the authority of the Revelation of Baha'u'llah is unquestionable.

I am only saying this in response to your comparison of the extensiveness of the words of Muhammad versus the words of Jesus.

Using your own logic, Baha'is would be confident that they have a better understanding of the teaching of Muhammad than Muslims themselves do.

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments thereto ("e-mail") is sent by the Johnson County Community College ("JCCC") and is intended to be confidential and for the use of only the individual or entity named above. The information may be protected by federal and state privacy and disclosures acts or other legal rules. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are notified that retention, dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error please immediately notify JCCC by email reply and immediately and permanently delete this e-mail message and any attachments thereto. Thank you.

You are subscribed to Baha'i Studies as: mailto:archive@mail-archive.com Unsubscribe: send a blank email to mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Subscribe: send subscribe bahai-st in the message body to [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subscribe: http://list.jccc.edu:8080/read/all_forums/subscribe?name=bahai-st Baha'i Studies is available through the following: Mail - mailto:bahai-st@list.jccc.edu Web - http://list.jccc.edu:8080/read/?forum=bahai-st News - news://list.jccc.edu/bahai-st Public - http://www.escribe.com/religion/bahaist Old Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/bahai-st@list.jccc.net New Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/bahai-st@list.jccc.edu