The Baha'i Studies Listserv
Gilberto Simpson wrote:
>>I would agree in the sense that the classic philosophical "proofs" for the existence of God are insufficient. But I don't believe that what you wrote above is a genderally valid principle. (e.g. It is possible for women to prove the existence of men. It is possible for people to prove the existence of polar bears. Mathematicians can prove the existence of fixed points.<<

Hi, Gilberto:

The set which Don referred to is creation, which would include both women and men. ;-)

--
Mark A. Foster, Ph.D. * 24 domains: www.markfoster.net SED: www.neurelitism.com
"... the modern challenge is how to live with uncertainty. The basic fault lines today are not between people with different beliefs but between people who hold these beliefs with an element of uncertainty and people who hold these beliefs with a pretense of certitude." — Peter L. Berger, sociologist