The Baha'i Studies Listserv

On Nov 19, 2008, at 9:13 AM, Gilberto Simpson wrote:

I would agree in the sense that the classic philosophical "proofs" for
the existence of God are insufficient.  But I don't believe that what
you wrote above is a genderally valid principle. (e.g. It is possible
for women to prove the existence of men. It is possible for people to
prove the existence of polar bears. Mathematicians can prove the
existence of fixed points.

Only if you add in experience.

If women had no experience of men, i.e., if there was no set in which contained both, ;;;how could they prove the others existance?

Likewise, how could a 16th Century Tutsi prove the existence of polar bears?

As to fixed points, are they ever proven? or just defined?

Don C

Understood properly, all man's problems are essentially spiritual in nature.