The Baha'i Studies Listserv

And keeping your vote a secret helps you not getting drawn into a partisan
political debate.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeanine H. <jeanin...@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 10:30:32
To: Baha'i Studies<bahai-st@list.jccc.edu>
Subject: Re: Political views

The Baha'i Studies Listserv
Thanks, Iskandar. Altho' I could be wrong about the original
questioner's intent, there is absolutely no question of the *legality*
of choosing to keep your vote a secret i(n the U.S.). Additionally, you
could perfectly well lie and no one would know the difference. I
interpreted the question to be one about whether *Baha'is* should not
reveal their vote; whether doing so would be a tacit participation in
the partisan politics forbidden by the Faith. Other countries, no doubt,
have other issues involved.

Jeanine