The Baha'i Studies Listserv
On 14/12/2010 12:07 PM, Susan Maneck wrote:
More so than used to be the case. Our cluster has had four
declarations in the last year of whom three have been pretty active.
The Institute Process does help in this regard.

Dear Susan,

Ok you had 3 new active Baha'is in your cluster over a period of one year. Has anyone left the Faith? Do you have statistics of growth in your cluster over last 10 or 20 years? Do you think you would not have had 3 or 4 declarants had your community followed the same old style firesides, teaching, and deepening classes?

One other observation I had in Asia and I think Ron also pointed out is that often the children of active Baha'is and pioneers are not so active in the Faith. I do not understand why? Some pioneers and active Baha'is have been successful in teaching the Faith but when it comes to their own family and children, it has not been that successful as I suppose it should have been.

That was true here for the first decade or so after Ruhi began to be
used, but now things seemed to have turned a corner, at least in the
"A" clusters. I can tell you there is no exaggeration of statistics
from our cluster as I'm the one who submits them. ;-}

My experience has been mostly in developing world and that was my observation of inflated statistics.

Best regards,
Firouz