The Baha'i Studies Listserv
On 19/12/2010 3:13 AM, Iskandar Hai, M.D. wrote:

You also fail to see the self definition of the Baha'i Faith as a new Divine Revelation, as a new religion and you talks about saints, and awliyAA, and reformers, etc. Baha'u'llah is none of those. He is the Founder and Author of a new Divinely ordained religion/Revelation.. This is self definition. You don't address that.

Dear Dr. Hai,

This is the main issue you pointed out. Gilberto and indeed no Muslim could ever accept that there could be a Messenger after Prophet Muhammad, and that is why Muslims cannot recognize followers of Baha'u'llah as People of Book. We see this clearly in Iran and how the Muslim rulers treat Baha'is. That would be the case in any other country when the Islamic Shariah is followed. I never believe when Muslims talk about equality of human beings. For Muslims there are just 2 kinds of people, believers and non-believers. And Sharia laws clearly state how non-believers should be treated. The problem for Muslims is that Sunnis do not considers Shias as Muslims and vice versa. And we well know how Shias of Iran treat Sunnis and how Sunnis countries treat their Shia subjects.

If you get some time, please watch the following video. A sunni Imam in Iran addressing his followers. It is in Persian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S6m9JP97UU&feature=player_embedded <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S6m9JP97UU&feature=player_embedded>

Best regards,
Firouz

Best regards,