The Baha'i Studies Listserv
Actually, there were a series of raids on Meccan caravans in the first 1-2
years of hijrah; and one of them occurred during the forbidden month of
Rajab (I think it was the Nakhlah raid), one of them precipitated Badr. It's
all in ibn-e ishaq and Tabari, and Bukhari, etc.

What hostility did Egyptians, Syrians, Spaniards, etc. show towards Islam?
Islam was and is a religion for Arabs.

The Islamic conquests happened while your very favorite sahabah guys like
`Umar, etc. were in power. Don't try to be so selective. Or, are you finally
admitting that `Umar was a ruthless, Godless tyrant just like the rest of
sahabah? He was not Mr. nice guy. Neither was `Uthman. But they are your
"Rightly guided" Caliphs. Looks like they were seriously wrong and
misguided.

No, it's you who don't understand the difference between just war in the
context of collective security (something similar to the first Gulf war in
1991) and religious (un)holy war specifically termed jihad. Baha'u'llah has
categorically forbidden and prohibited religious strife and warfare in any
shape or form. There is a big difference.

Iskandar