dari wed cdc.gov.
kalau sudah baca ini, gak perlu parno lagi dunk mbak hehe

*Questions and Answers About Japanese Encephalitis*       *Q. How is
Japanese encephalitis transmitted?
A.* By rice field breeding mosquitoes (primarily the *Culex
tritaeniorhynchus* group) that become infected with Japanese encephalitis
virus (a flavivirus antigenically related to St. Louis encephalitis virus).

*Q. How do people get Japanese encephalitis?
A.* By the bite of mosquitoes infected with the Japanese encephalitis virus.

*Q. What is the basic transmission cycle?
A.* Mosquitoes become infected by feeding on domestic pigs and wild birds
infected with the Japanese encephalitis virus. Infected mosquitoes then
transmit the Japanese encephalitis virus to humans and animals during the
feeding process. The Japanese encephalitis virus is amplified in the blood
systems of domestic pigs and wild birds.

*Q. Could you get the Japanese encephalitis from another person?
A. *No, Japanese encephalitis virus is NOT transmitted from
person-to-person. For example, you cannot get the virus from touching or
kissing a person who has the disease, or from a health care worker who has
treated someone with the disease.

*Q. Could you get Japanese encephalitis from animals other than domestic
pigs, or from insects other than mosquitoes?
A.* No. Only domestic pigs and wild birds are carriers of the Japanese
encephalitis virus.

*Q. What are the symptoms of Japanese encephalitis?
A. *Mild infections occur without apparent symptoms other than fever with
headache. More severe infection is marked by quick onset, headache, high
fever, neck stiffness, stupor, disorientation, coma, tremors, occasional
convulsions (especially in infants) and spastic (but rarely flaccid)
paralysis.

*Q. What is the incubation period for Japanese encephalitis?
A. *Usually 5 to 15 days.

*Q. What is the mortality rate of Japanese encephalitis?
A.* Case-fatality rates range from 0.3% to 60%.

*Q. How many cases of Japanese encephalitis occur in the world and the U.S.?
A.* Japanese encephalitis is the leading cause of viral encephalitis in Asia
with 30-50,000 cases reported annually. Fewer than 1 case/year is reported
in U.S. civilians and military personnel traveling to and living in Asia.
Rare outbreaks in U.S. territories in Western Pacific have occurred.

*Q. How is Japanese encephalitis treated?
A. *There is no specific therapy. Intensive supportive therapy is indicated.

*Q. Is the disease seasonal in its occurrence?
A.* Seasonality of the illness varies by country (see
table<http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvbid/jencephalitis/risk-table.htm>
).

*Q. Who is at risk for getting Japanese encephalitis?
A.* Residents of rural areas in endemic locations, active duty military
deployed to endemic areas, and expatriates who visit rural areas. Japanese
encephalitis does not usually occur in urban areas (see
table<http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvbid/jencephalitis/risk-table.htm>
).

*Q. Where do Japanese encephalitis outbreaks occur?
A.* Japanese encephalitis outbreaks are usually circumscribed and do not
cover large areas. They usually do not last more than a couple of months,
dying out after the majority of the pig amplifying hosts have become
infected. Birds are the natural hosts for Japanese encephalitis. Epidemics
occur when the virus is brought into the peridomestic environment by
mosquito bridge vectors where there are pigs, which serve as amplification
hosts, infecting more mosquitoes which then may infect humans. Countries
which have had major epidemics in the past, but which have controlled the
disease primarily by vaccination, include China, Korea, Japan, Taiwan and
Thailand. Other countries that still have periodic epidemics include Viet
Nam, Cambodia, Myanmar, India, Nepal, and Malaysia.

New! *Q. Who should be vaccinated against Japanese encephalitis?
A.* The statement of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices
discusses use of the two available vaccines against JE virus. (See: Centers
for Disease Control and Prevention. Japanese Encephalitis Vaccines,
Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP),
Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, Mar 12, 2010:
59(01);1-27)<http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr5901a1.htm>There
are also Vaccine Information Statements that provide helpful
information on who should be vaccinates against Japanese encephalitis virus.

   1. Vaccine Information Statement for Ixiaro Japanese
encephalitis<http://www.immunize.org/vis/je_ixiaro.pdf>
    [image: PDF icon](PDF 63 KB, 2 Pages)
   2. Vaccine Information Statement for JE-VAX Japanese
encephalitis<http://www.immunize.org/vis/je_vax.pdf>
    [image: PDF icon](PDF 37 KB, 2 Pages)

*Q. Where can I get more information on Japanese encephalitis?
A.* See the CDC Japanese Encephalitis Home Page (
http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvbid/jencephalitis<http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvbid/jencephalitis/index.htm>)
and CDC Health Information for Travelers to Southeast Asia (
http://www.cdc.gov/travel/seasia.htm).

2010/3/13 Utami Astuti <utamiastuti1...@gmail.com>

> makin parno dech jadi orang tua nih.. ada2 aja penyakit jaman sekarang
> (baru
> denger soale)...  **geleng2**
>
> cara penanganannya apa ya yg bisa kita lakukan disamping medis juga? apakah
> trombosit turun juga? gejalanya selain kyk flu apa demamnya naik-turun juga
> kyk DBD?
>
> Mbak Kartika, dah pernah coba produk Switzal anti nyamuk? bau-nya kyk bau
> daun sereh..

Kirim email ke