From: Lea Isa [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2005 10:05 AM
To: balita-anda@balita-anda.com
Subject: Re: [balita-anda] Papsmear

DEar Mamanya Armando..,

Kayanya mengenai papsmear baru aja dibahas deh minggu lalu, pengalaman
saya 2 kali papsmear dua duanya dilakukan setelah 6 minggu melahirkan,

ini ada sedikit  informasi ttg papsmear

Papsmear

 PAP Smear Exams
Approximately 50 million women have their Pap Smears annually. However,
many women do not understand the purpose of the Pap Smear. To add to the
confusion, there are new technologies available today that have never
before been available. Hopefully, after reading this, some of your
questions or fears may be answered.

The Pap Smear was first described in 1943, and has since been used in
ever increasing numbers. The Papa Smear is an evaluation of cells
collected from the cervix. Both the external, or visible part, and the
canal of the cervix are sampled. The cells are spread on the slide and
permanently fixed. The slide is then sent to a pathologist to review for
any abnormal cells that may be precancerous. It is credited with
decreasing the rate of cervical cancer by 50-70% in the last 50 years.
Ideally, if all women had their paps as currently recommended, cervical
cancer would be eliminated, much like the use of vaccines have virtually
eliminated certain illnesses such as smallpox. However, it is estimated
that just over half of women in the United States have their yearly
exam.

We recommend that women begin their yearly Pap Smears when they turn 18
or earlier if they are sexually active. Yearly exams are recommended
even for women in their menopause. If you have ever had an abnormal Pap,
we may recommend more frequent exams. Pap Smears are even recommended
for women who have had a hysterectomy. The timing of the exam with your
cycle is important and should be performed when you are not on or close
to your period

Some new technologies are now available. You have probably seen these
advertised in popular magazines and newspapers. Several computer
screening services have been developed in the last few years. These
services currently reveal only normal Pap Smears and re-screen them with
a computer to see if any abnormal cells are found. If any abnormal cells
are detected by the computer, those slides are re-reviewed by a
pathologist. Therefore, a person is still ultimately reviewing your Pap.
These methods are more costly and are rarely covered by insurance
companies.

Another new service is called Thinprep Pap. The difference between this
and the current Pap is simply the way the cells are placed on the slide.
The cells are collected in the same way, and reviewed the same way, but
the cells are placed on the slide differently to avoid clumping and
mucous. This aids the pathologist in reading your smear and should
decrease the number of times the pathologist cannot see abnormal cells.
Once again, this procedure is more expensive than routine Pap Smears and
may not covered by your insurance.

The bottom line, we highly recommend the Pap Smear. We feel it is a
good, reliable, cost-effective, possibly life-saving test. We have
confidence in the laboratories where our Pap Smear slides are reviewed.
We urge all women to have their yearly paps. If you have more questions
regarding some of the new technologies we will be happy to discuss this
with you at your annual checkup.

Or Visit :  http://www.womenshealthservices.com/psexams.html

Semoga membantu
-Lea-
IbuNyaPatria&Aldi
www.babiesonline.com/babies/p/patrialdi

AYO GALANG SOLIDARITAS UNTUK MEMBANTU KORBAN MUSIBAH DI ACEH & DAN
SUMATERA UTARA !!!
[EMAIL PROTECTED]