On 03/05/2010 03:37 PM, Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:
On Friday 05 Mar 2010 3:22:12 pm Dhananjay Nene wrote:
 >  I might add that I've worked with ORMs almost regularly since 1996 in
 >  C++,

 Java and Python. SQLAlchemy has probably been the most successful ORM I
  have seen which has managed to retain the balance between relational and
  object paradigms (almost everyone else completely throws in the towel
  towards providing an object API around database access).

what about django's orm?

or SQLObject for that matter. I personally prefer SQLObject because it comes across as being more pythonic than SQLAlchemy, of course YMMV.

Dhananjay: I know you've already made up your mind on what to use but I just wanted to put this in sideways because it is so awesome (for some apps) -- the granddaddy of all db-object abstractions -- http://docs.zope.org/zodb/

Maybe not what you currently need but certainly something useful.

cheers,
- steve
--
random non tech spiel: http://lonetwin.blogspot.com/