On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 8:28 AM, Anand Chitipothu <anandol...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Aaargh, few hours after I decide that I run into this. From an intent
>> perspective it is much more consistent with what I was looking for -
>> http://www.pauldeden.com/2009/01/edendb-thin-flexible-and-fast-python.html
>>
>> The sample usage is listed here
>> http://code.google.com/p/edendb/

> web.db is more elegant than that.

Excellent! Anand.

Evidently the "web" part of web.py makes people underestimate the
power and compactness of web.py

A simple scan through the web.db module [1] would have given all the
information  about

- abstraction -- Tables are objects, column data is accessible via dot
operator. So, a very nice abstraction.
- supports all the databases he wanted  [mysql, pg, sqlite, oracle,
firebird AND mssql]

The syntax is definitely more pythonic and self-explanatory than  edendb.

And unlike edendb [from what i can i tell from the one blog post],
web.py is used in production by scores of sites.

+PG

[1] http://github.com/webpy/webpy/raw/master/web/db.py