Hello,

   Thanks for your link. I have tried and got to the step shown in the
attachment.
   Looked here:
https://www.barebox.org/doc/latest/user/usb.html#usb-gadget-autostart-support
  did not understand how to create and execute a script from the host.
  For me the imx6ul board must be in peripheral mode. I wish to flash
the barebox from a windows/Linux workstation, not using usb stick.

barebox@Phytec phyCORE-i.MX6 Ultra Lite SOM:/ otg.mode=peripheral
barebox@Phytec phyCORE-i.MX6 Ultra Lite SOM:/
barebox@Phytec phyCORE-i.MX6 Ultra Lite SOM:/
barebox@Phytec phyCORE-i.MX6 Ultra Lite SOM:/ usbgadget -A
/kernel(kernel)c,/initrd(initrd)c,/devicetree(devicetree)c
udc0: registering UDC driver [g_multi]
multi_bind: creating Fastboot function
g_multi usbgadget: Multifunction Composite Gadget
g_multi usbgadget: userspace failed to provide iSerialNumber
g_multi usbgadget: g_multi ready
barebox@Phytec phyCORE-i.MX6 Ultra Lite SOM:/ fastboot devices -l
fastboot: No such file or directory
barebox@Phytec phyCORE-i.MX6 Ultra Lite SOM:/