On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 11:26 AM Ahmad Fatoum <a.fat...@pengutronix.de> wrote:

> On 10/16/19 11:21 AM, Mihaita Ivascu wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> >    Thanks for your answer. Yes i am able to connect via PUTTY to the target.
> >    Then I should use some adb commands in order to push the new
> > barebox/firmware ? do you know where I could find some examples?
>
> fastboot device -l works normally on Linux. You need to check what you need
> to do on Windows to do the same. You should only need the Fastboot utility
> for this.

[mi] Yes I have both fastboot and adb installed on both Windows and
Linux machines. In both cases it does not list any device.
       The board is detected as fastboot android is windows device
manager. But the fastboot and adb does not list it. same for Linux.
Please see attachment

> >    Also I have a question: purpose of this activity is for me to be
> > able to flash some imx6ul boards that have no firmware: no barebox.
> >    So I know hardware config for the port is otg mode but as I have no
> > barebox running them before I am wondering if I will be able to
> > connect via PUTTY if I do not set the ACM gadget from barebox?
>
> Check the Embest MarS board's environment in barebox master. It sets up
> a fastboot gadget automatically on boot from imx-usb-loader.
> You can adjust it to your liking.

  [mi] I was not able to find any docs about this board. I will keep
searching/asking in the nxp community. If you have already ahve any
files related to it would be helpful. Thanks