On 10/16/19 11:48 AM, Mihaita Ivascu wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 11:26 AM Ahmad Fatoum <a.fat...@pengutronix.de> wrote:
>>
>> On 10/16/19 11:21 AM, Mihaita Ivascu wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>>    Thanks for your answer. Yes i am able to connect via PUTTY to the target.
>>>    Then I should use some adb commands in order to push the new
>>> barebox/firmware ? do you know where I could find some examples?
>>
>> fastboot device -l works normally on Linux. You need to check what you need
>> to do on Windows to do the same. You should only need the Fastboot utility
>> for this.
>>
> [mi] Yes I have both fastboot and adb installed on both Windows and
> Linux machines. In both cases it does not list any device.
>        The board is detected as fastboot android is windows device
> manager. But the fastboot and adb does not list it. same for Linux.
> Please see attachment

Let's focus on Linux. You don't see a device there?
What does barebox say? Does it say 'multi_bind: creating Fastboot function'?
What does you Linux host's dmesg say?

>>>    Also I have a question: purpose of this activity is for me to be
>>> able to flash some imx6ul boards that have no firmware: no barebox.
>>>    So I know hardware config for the port is otg mode but as I have no
>>> barebox running them before I am wondering if I will be able to
>>> connect via PUTTY if I do not set the ACM gadget from barebox?
>>
>> Check the Embest MarS board's environment in barebox master. It sets up
>> a fastboot gadget automatically on boot from imx-usb-loader.
>> You can adjust it to your liking.
>
>   [mi] I was not able to find any docs about this board. I will keep
> searching/asking in the nxp community. If you have already ahve any
> files related to it would be helpful. Thanks

It's in the barebox next branch (not master, sorry), see here:
https://github.com/saschahauer/barebox/blob/next/arch/arm/boards/embest-marsboard/defaultenv-mars/init/fastboot

You can copy and adjust the environment setup for your board.