Rob
You have given us no news of the latest arrival. perhaps you have not had enough time, but we are all (well at least, one of us) waiting impatiently to hear about it.
Regards
Anthony
PS I remembered the Baroque list too, this time.

I am trying to make a question about what the "ideal" French Baroque lute might be. Let's not call it standard (as in the 8c debate. but I suppose there is a tendency to standardize, thus the tendency to Frei/ Frey). I wish it was possible to settle on one lute (close enough to this ideal) for all the repertoire, but I doubt this is possible. There may be more than one "ideal" according to the phase within this period (French Baroque) or even according to composer/performer.

We also probably give too much importance to the very few texts that talk about this from the period. I am wondering whether taking Burwell too literally would not be like taking one of my students notes, or even my notes for my students, too seriously.
AH