Rob,

Many thanks for your reply and your great suggestion. I'm sight reading
through the Barbe Manuscript right now and marking the pieces I want to come
back to. I'll try the chord chart idea when I return to my favorite ones.

I've never had a lute lesson. In fact, I've never seen a baroque lute
besides my own, and the only Renaissance lutes I've seen apart from mine
were in one concert where they, as my parents used to say children should
be, were seen and not heard, because the other ensemble instruments drowned
them out. So, it is really nice to get some advice from someone who knows
what he is doing.

Best regards,

Stephen

P.S. You once said that you could play more slowly than anyone. I think I've
probably got you beat. :)