On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 11:46:07 +0100, Per Kjetil Farstad wrote
> Dear lute list.
>
> May I recommend this informative book from the Swedish/Norwegian
> lute researcher Robin Rolfhamre:
>
> "French baroque lute music from 1650-1700: A study of the art of
> playing the lute"
>
> You find more infromation on amazonat this adress:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/French-baroque-lute-music-1650-
> 1700/dp/3639308514/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1289893630&sr=1-1
>
> Happy reading!
>
> Best regards from Per Kjetil Farstad

I hope this doesn't sound too harsh, but I think it might have been a
wise idea to have a native english speaker do the translation. I think
any kind of scientific work deserves to be published in correct
language.  Artistic creativity isn't something to be applied to
grammar and spelling.  I'm more than willing to decipher a medieval
manuscipt, but I'm less inclined to try to make sense out of pidgin
language.  How should we decide if the author's ideas are contorted or
if it's only a result of his fights with syntax?  Nota bene: I'm not a
native speaker myself - but if the target audience is international
(and I assume it is) it's even more important to express the material
in a clear and understandable language.

Cheers, Ralf Mattes